Get your free asbestos removal quote today!
Get a free quote from the Asbestos Testing Bunbury Team by filling in our quote form or call us directly.
Get your free asbestos removal quote today!
A Professional Removalist for Excellent Asbestos Testing Services
If you plan to buy a property that was built before the 1990s, you should consider having the property inspected for asbestos. For a reliable result, hiring a professional is something you are recommended to do, contact Asbestos Watch Bunbury. We are a trusted contactor offering high-quality asbestos testing services at value prices.
- Experienced and skilled: Our Asbestos Testing Bunbury Team have years of experience in handling asbestos products in residential and commercial premises. We have also attended long hours of training.
- A-Class licensed : The Asbestos Testing Bunbury Team have obtained a certification and an A-class licence, this is your guarantee that all testing procedures will be done in compliance with local and national regulations. It is also applicable for the disposal of the testing waste. We will make sure that the disposal of the hazardous waste will be safe and clean.
- Accurate testing: Our Asbestos Testing Bunbury Team can ensure you that the result of the asbestos testing will help you to identify the presence of any asbestos substance in your property.
Why Is Asbestos Hazardous?
Asbestos is a naturally occuring mineral. It was widely used as house material in the construction industry until 1987. The physical characteristic is one of the reasons for the widespread use of asbestos in the past. This material is known for its versatility and tensile strength as well as fire resistance. Another factor that made the material preferable is its low-price. All these reasons made it perfect for the construction industry at the time.
In contrast to its benefit, this substance poses a risk to human health. A horrible disease can be the end result from exposure to asbestos fibres. The fibre is released when an asbestos material becomes friable or is damaged exposing its fibres. Friable means that the material can be pulverised, crushed and broken into powder by hand.
As the material becomes airborne, the danger increases. The fibre with its small and thin shape can easily enter the lungs as inhaled. Various diseases caused by the fibres will affect people’s health. According to the report of Australian Mesothelioma Registry, in 2014, 614 Australian died from Mesothelioma. The cancer experts projected that over the next four decades, an additional 25,000 people are predicted to die from asbestos-induced diseases.
Common Asbestos Products Found Around the Property
The most common asbestos products that can be identified in and around the house are asbestos cement (AC) products. Here are the examples of the product, including:
- AC sheeting (fibro)
- Downpipes and guttering
- Floor tiles and vinyl flooring backing
- Thermal board around fireplaces
- Water or flue pipes
- Gaskets in wood stoves
- Insulation on heaters and stoves, hot water pipes
To check whether a property contains asbestos
To tell whether a house contains asbestos is difficult. Assuming older houses built before the 1980s contain asbestos, is one of the methods for identification. The only way to be 100%, is through testing.
If the tenant or the homeowner needs to get the house inspected, knowing that asbestos is very harmful the first thing to do is to hire a professional, all of the Asbestos Watch Bunbury Testing Team are licensed professionals.
Our asbestos testing processes
The Asbestos Testing Bunbury Team provide a broad range of services including a visual inspection, laboratory testing, and air monitoring. We ensure that our Asbestos Testing Bunbury Team perform all processes in accordance with national and local laws.
Performing a visual inspection of accessible locations in a building
To identify asbestos, the Asbestos Testing Bunbury Team may perform one of these inspection processes, according to your needs:
- Presumptive Inspection – it involves identification of suspected materials without taking samples.
- Sampling Inspection – it is similar to the previous, but it includes the collection of samples of the suspected materials and testing them
- Pre-Demolition inspection – the process provides the location of asbestos products in a building that needed to be removed before demolition. Wall cavities and other inaccessible areas are also included in the process.
Asbestos testing via an accredited laboratory
The Asbestos Testing Bunbury Team can conduct asbestos testing works on all types of buildings including domestic, government, and commercial buildings. We work with modern tools and equipment to analyse asbestos fibres from the sample. The Asbestos Testing Bunbury Team may use polarised light microscopy and stereo microscope analysis techniques to ensure quality.
Assistance upon asbestos finding
If the result of the inspection detects the presence of material containing asbestos, some actions have to be done immediately. The Asbestos Testing Bunbury Team may recommend actions, such as asbestos removal, to eliminate health hazards. When required, our team of experts may also perform air monitoring after a sampling and testing process, either way, you will be promptly informed of our recommendations.
You can be assured to be in the safest hands with their Asbestos Testing Bunbury Team. If you need service at value prices, then call us right now and get yourself a free quote today.